Friday, February 04, 2011

Bucky Lasek Impossible Tailgrab Nose-slapper, Bath 1991

I've uploaded one trick from the 1991 Powell Peralta demo in Bath.
Hopefully at some point I'll have time to upload some more!
The demo featured Bucky Lasek, Tony Hawk, Curtis McCann, Mike Manzoori and Nicky Guerrero skating both a temporary vert ramp* and the classic Bath mini/midi.
Maybe one day I'll find the footage of Jeff Phillips, Reese Simpson and Monty Nolder skating Bath from around the same era. (Oz-cabs, have you got that tape?) Plus another Powell demo from a year or 2 before with Hawk and Lance.
*This was before the permanent vert ramp, which went up in about 1994 or 1995?

2 comments:

R-Back said...

History in the making! Thanks for the post. I was at all of these events and skated with Jeff Phillips on the midi ramp. I saw the video once but not sure what happened to the footage. Now lost contact with Bristol crew at the time. Specs, Adam, Vernon, Mad Bob, Die and so on.. Love to see what else you have? Steven (Redland)

Pig Dog said...

I was there when Jeff Philips skated Bath too - along with Monté Nolder and Reese Simpson. I've got footage of that as well "somewhere", as well as another Powell tour. Hopefully will upload more at some point.